Monday, July 15, 2019

Rainbow Balloons

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Hi and welcome! How many nesting die sets do you own? And how often do you use the largest die in those sets? I was determined to start using those dies for my cards. The answer staring me in the face this whole time. If I die-cut one 6x6 piece of paper with a large die then cut it down the middle, I could not only use my large dies, but I could get two cards out of that one cut. 


I have a short video that walks you through the process of the "Rainbow Balloon" cards below.



Walk Through

  • Die-cut patterned paper using large balloon die (it can be any large die you have), cut in half (long-length) with a paper trimmer.


For the balloon cards, I created an ink-blended background of clouds.
  • Place a stencil on a 4.25" x 5.5" card panel, add ink to blender brush(tool), with light pressure start applying the ink. I swiped the blender brush in an upward motion because this is printer paper and circular motions will bend the edges of the printer paper. I used Simon Says Stamp Ink in the colors Deep Sea, Audrey Blue, and Sea Glass. Die-cut or use your paper trimmer to cut the card panel down to 3.75" x 5." 
  • I created a stencil using the Honey Bee Stamps Cloud Borders Dies and printer paper.
  • Stamp Hugs, Kisses and Rainbow Wishes on one panel and Happy Birthday on the other making sure to stamp one on the left side and the other on the right side, the balloons will be on the edge of each card.
  • Die-cut or use a paper trimmer to cut  Sea Glass Cardstock to 4" x 5.25"; layer ink-blended backgrounds onto using a tape runner, adhere layered pieces to a 4.25" x 5.5" top fold cardbase. 
  • Add 3D mounting foam to the back of each balloon and tie a silver thread to the neck of each balloon allowing the thread to loop around the edges of the balloons adhering itself to the 3D mounting foam.
  • Adhere balloons to the edge of each card 
  • Die-cut small clouds using the Simon Says Stamp Picture Book Sky Background die, add 3D mounting to the clouds and adhere to cards. 
  • Finish off the cards with Honey Bee Stamps Carousel Lights Confetti.


Okay, I'm off to use those large dies! I hope you'll give this a try some time. 

I've entered the cards into a few challenges:



As always, thank you for taking the time to join me. 


Be sure to follow me on 


Be sure to check out my website, LisaMensing.com

5 comments:

  1. How bright! How beautiful! Great two-for -one! Thanks for joining The Library and Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has beautiful colors. Very nice greeting card. Martina - Visiting Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Your background looks amazing... beautiful technique! Your vivid balloons are also fun and create a great scene! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rainbow cards, such a lovely way to use that large die! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting Top pocks at Ink

    ReplyDelete