Thursday, June 27, 2019

Butterfly Love & The Bee's Knees





Hi, and welcome! Today I'm taking two of my favorites and mixing it up. Using the Concord & 9th's Butterfly Love Stamps and Honey Bee Stamps new The Bee's Knees Embossing Powders, this is a match made in heaven. 


HOW TO VIDEO



I will say that this card has a lot of heat embossing, but it's worth the time and effort I put into it. The Bee's Knees Embossing Powders are absolutely beautiful and such gorgeous color combination for the butterflies. 



STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL
  • Align turnabout stamp on stamp positioning tool, place a piece of heavy cardstock in the stamp positioning tool, cover with anti-static powder, ink turnabout stamp with Versamark Ink, and stamp, repeat the inking and stamping process several times. Remove cardstock from stamp positioning tool, cover stamped images with embossing powder, remove any stray specks of embossing powder, and heat set. 
  • Repeat this process for all four turns with the turnabout stamp, set aside
  • Position large butterfly in stamp positioning tool, apply Distress Oxide Inks - Peacock Feather, Chipped Sapphire, and Mustard Seed directly to stamp with finger daubers, stamp onto #80 cardstock, repeat process until you have a solid stamped image
  • Die-cut the butterfly, the body of the butterfly, and one vellum heart shape
  • Create your gatefold card by taking a piece of cardstock cut to 8.5"w x 5.5"h and scoring at 2 1/8" on both ends. Fold on scored lines to create a gatefold. 
  • Glue the body to the center of the butterfly, add 3D mounting foam to the back of the butterfly, add a silver thread to the back of the butterfly adhering it to the 3D mounting foam, center the butterfly on vellum heart, sandwiching the thread between the vellum and butterfly
  • Add 3D mounting foam to the back of the right side of the vellum and adhere to card base be sure to only secure to the right side 
  • Finish off with a few sequins 


Be sure to become a subscriber to my website www.lisamensing.com for early access to all my videos. I'm in the process of creating a Color Inspiration page that will have color palettes for inspiration. I'm including ink colors and cardstock colors that I currently have to make your creating easier. I find it a great asset when my crafty mojo is running low. 
As always, thank you for popping in. If you have any questions just leave them in the comments or you can email me at contact@lisamensing.com. 

Be sure to follow me on 

No comments:

Post a Comment