Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thinking of You




Hi and welcome. Today I'm sharing a "thinking of you" card I created using Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day Stamp and Die Set. The Beautiful Day stamp set is one of those sets that you buy, and you know you will always need it. I would also like to add that my inspiration for this card came from the Color Throwdown Challenge #540. Challenges are still a great place to go for inspiration.



HOW TO
  • Stamp images using Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black onto Neenah #80 Classic Crest card stock
  • Color images using Copic Markers: G20, G21, G24, B37, B12, YR18, Y15, Y13, YG25 
  • Die-cut colored images and a circle for the sentiment, stamp the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
  • Stamp swirls from the stamp set onto a 5.5" x 4.25" Neenah #110 Classic Crest Coverstock card base using Simon Says Stamp Ink - Smoke
  • Using makeup brush add Distress Oxide Ink - Squeezed Lemonade in the center of the card base using halo technique (dark center working outward to light shade)
  • Add 3D mounting foam to the back of the sentiment circle.
  • Arrange leaves and adhere to the card base using a quick-dry, clear adhesive
  • Adhere the sentiment circle over the leaves
  • Add 3D mounting foam to the back of the butterflies; position around the sentiment circle.
  • Splatter gold Fine Tec Watercolor and  water-downed Distress Oxide Ink Black Soot onto the card using a round #4 paintbrush 
  • Add clear iridescent Little Things from Lucy Card's sequins using Ranger's Glossy Accents.








DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links, I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. I only recommend products that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands.

1 comment:

  1. Really love this leafy frame and gorgeous butterflies! You really rocked the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete