Saturday, June 15, 2019

Zen Coloring with Alcohol Inks


Happy Saturday and welcome! I decided to take The Daily Coloring Challenge, my first time.  I've wanted to paint with alcohol inks for some time now, seemed like the perfect time, and here's the end product. Yes, I know it's entirely too early for Autumn, but the colors led me to go with it. And did I mention I really need to use my Simon Says Stamp Four Seasons Sayings, yeah, that too. 

Click the banner below for all the details. 
I'm going to do my best to share something I color every day here on my blog and on social media. 

All I can tell you is grab the alcohol inks, a palette, small brush, and your favorite detailed stamp and have fun!

Stamp the image using VersaMark Ink onto Yupo Paper, cover with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder and heat set. Using alcohol inks color/paint the image, then LIGHTLY spritz with alcohol from a distance about 18 inches, add die-cut n bond adhesive to the back of the image and run through the die-cut machine. Die cut white cardstock to match the colored image and adhere the two together. (it helps flatten the Yupo paper). Adhere to a 5.5" x 4.25" kraft card base. Using VersaMark ink stamp images to fill in the empty space on the front of the card. Die-cut word, adhere to vellum and card. Stamp sentiment inside the card.




As always, thank you for popping in. If you have any questions just leave them in the comments or you can email me at contact@lisamensing.com. 

Be sure to follow me on 

1 comment:

  1. That card is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love that stamp and paired with embossing and watercoloring it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete