Friday, July 19, 2019

Toucan of My Appreciation


Welcome and thanks for joining me today. I took a little time to create something out of the box for the Color Throwdown Challenge. I love this challenge; unfortunately, I don't get the chance to play along too often. 



HOW-TO
(lots of photos)


Start by stamping the toucan's body using Memento Ink London Fog.


 Next, you need to die-cut the toucan. 


Then stamp the peak using Memento Ink Angel Pink. Set aside.

Die-cut leaves from the Tropical Vibes Dies ( I stick them to a piece of post-it tape to make life easier)

Take  Versamark Ink straight to the die-cut pieces, be sure to protect your work area to minimize clean up.

Add Simon Says Silver embossing powder and heat set. 

Repeat this process. 

This stuff is life if you do a lot of heat embossing and/or using a hot glue gun. Don't ask me how I know, just trust that I know!🤣

Ready to assemble?


Randomly stamp leaves using Memento Ink London Fog. 


Stamp a few details using the small triangles using Memento Ink Angel Pink

Add 3D mounting foam to the back of toucan and center on the front of the card.


Adhere heat embossed leaves using Gina K Connect glue

Stamp more details using Memento Ink Angel Pink and London Fog

Stamp sentiment using Memento Ink Gray Flannel and die-cut using Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips. 

Finish off with these fantastic Honey Bee Stamps Bubblegum Confetti.

Super simple. 

I'm playing along with 


As always, thank you for taking the time to join me. 


Be sure to follow me on 



No comments:

Post a Comment